Smiles, one thing I enjoy about you is your perspective and keen eye for showing and helping others to understand that there is always two sides to everything. I couldn't agree more. In my case, I want to add that the same man who laid me off, could have laid off another NEW person who made half of what I did, and he knows, I know, because I was their "money" person. However, in streamlining, you cut from the top. In other words, the people who make the most moola... which was unfortunately, ME in this case.

Being a business person, I totally understand this type of action and what it does for the health of the company. However, and take it from someone who ONLY MEANS of support was this job (at the time), saying, "I feel your pain" when he doesn't... and he knows it, and I know it, was an insult and added to the injury. Its never happened to him, he's never walked in my shoes, so how could he? It would be like a man telling me he knew what it was like giving birth. Don't think so.

Everyone tells you not to take it personally but when it happens to you, human nature takes over and you do. Regardless. However, what you do AFTERWARDS is the important thing.

I chose to put my big girl panties on and deal with it, see it for what it was and move on. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise, and an answer to my long time running prayer, "God, will you help me get into position to write full time?" Well, guess what? He did. As I told a good friend, just today, I just wish HE had sent along a little extra moola in the process...

So yes, I'm sure there is some remorse and angst for the person who lays people off, I'm sure of it. And I think it is what it is... a business decision.

I hold no grudge, or even think about it unless something like this post comes up. And I hope if nothing else, someone will read this and know that what you do afterwards is what's really important. Move on... and upward!

JJ

[ November 30, 2005, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]