Dotsie

I am certainly healthier today than I was when I worked. Traveling 100K miles a year and lugging suitcases and computers took their toll on my back and the stress of 60 hour weeks and little exercise and poor eating habits (peanut butter crackers for lunch were my mainstream)seemed to be oppressive at times. I am sure that all of the ninewomen felt the stress was a negative, but Judy is the only one who had a "real health emergency".

Now I have time to exercise, eat reasonably well, am not constantly sleep-deprived and have time to see my doctors, I am probably in my best health in the last decade. I am thankful for that.

There is no real wisdom for those of you who still work. I know it is hard to be in your forties and realize you have a long way to go, but we (ninewomen)all felt that way too. One thing that helped me was instead of looking for a promotion I looked for assignments that I could enjoy and where I could work with people I liked. And do figure out a way to reach out to other women and do something for yourself at least once a month (or more). Trite but true.

Kathy