Eagle Heart, Your writings have really struck a cord with me. I believe God has been calling me my entire life. When I was a child, I rode the church bus in order to attend and if my parents didn't allow me to, I would cry. He always put people of faith in my life and so I did experience the church. When I finally made a committment to Him, I got involved in a church that was very disfunctional and I learned the hard way that a church is just a place where sinners go for many different reasons, not all are noble. When I became somewhat of a leader and taught a class or led a group, I learned that some people really hate you for stepping out. I wasn't very strong and didn't have good boundaries at the time to be able to handle it. Having good boundaries means keeping the bad out and allowing the good to come into your life. Well, now I do a good job of keeping the bad out, and I'm not so hot at allowing the good in.

I agree that a church is whenever people gather to worship, learn, pray and support each other in living God's way. But I also believe that He wants us to be in Church because it is much better to walk the path with others.

Daisygirl