Well ladies, it is with a heavy heart that I give up this coveted space today of Featured Author. Being a natural born ham, I love being in the limelight. I can't help it, its what I do.

HOW-SOME-EVER (as we say here in the South), I'm leaving with parting gifts. And THAT makes me happy.

The winner of Trivia Question #3 with a prize of a 25.00 gift certificate from Meredith's jewelry is Chickadee. The Question was:

When tha Queen here was taking drugs for a bad cold, and she showed up at her friend Liz's house, what two gifts did she bestow upon her long time friend?

The correct answer was: "A hospital "donut" ring and a water jug"---you go chickadee!

Now for Question #4,

"What name did I give to Dan's friends?"

The winner of the box of Mello Melts is Sherri Smith (Sherri, I need your home address) with her correct answer of

Dumb and Dumber from the story "Who Needs Martha Stewart."

Wuhooo...go Sherri...go Sherri! <Queen circling arms and bouncing>

Ladies, it has been my distinct pleasure to be able to share this month with you all as the Featured Author. What a blast! You've been kind, attentive, and full of well wishes. Even Trixie was moved by your kudos. Now if I could just get her to MOVE off the couch.

I'm bowing (no offense Trixie) out now, and welcome our next guest. But before I go, may I leave you with some wisdom that my friend Erma gave?

I'm trying very hard to live by these words, and have adopted them as my battle cry. I hope you will to.

Much love to you all, JJ

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say: "I used everything you gave me." --Erma Bombeck

[ August 01, 2005, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]