Yuhoooo..

Let's see. The Queen of Compulsion. She is a sweetheart. She just laughed her good-natured laugh and said, "oh you silly woman...that's not me." Uh huh...sure. Denial ain't just a river in Eygpt...

As far as editing. I have two people that I lean on heavily for editing lots of things (much to their dismay). The mags I write for also have editors/proof-readers, so I know everyone will have to have a hand in the finished version...I've been fortunate enough that I'm allowed LAST shot at it, with all three editors.

But, back to the original question, I've found that if I will write it, then leave it, I can come back to it the next time (time permitting) and find boocoo's of stuff. If I try and edit right after I write it, forget it. I know exactly what its going to say, so I look overlook the obvious.

So, write it, leave it at LEAST one day, then come back. Two days if you can spare it. Something else I do...I ask a trusted friend simply, "is this funny?" If this person says NO, I curl up in a fetal position and cry softly...and if time permits once they have torn out the very heart of mine that beats and lives to write humor, I put a pox on um...

If they say yes, chances are others will think so too. Then its down to commas...I need comma therapy. I put, them every, where they don't, need to be, honest, I do. So, did I ever answer the question? What the heck WAS the question?

JJ

[ July 19, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]