This is just too cool. More off-the-interstate converts! Awesome, isn't it? Smile and Danita and their clans discovering back roads and small towns and secret, quiet places no one knows about but the people who live in them.

Danita, you had me huffing and puffing up Harney Peak right along with you! Herbo, the smokers and the 3-year-old princess of the peak! Harney's now on my must-see list.

Who cares what the price of gas is? Fill 'er up and get out there! I've gotta break out my American road atlas and plan a new road trip. As we've found during this thread, travel talk is contagious. And, when you put that talk into action, the wonderful wanderlust disease just gets stronger.

I've been doing a lot of reading about Russia to prepare for my and Dana's upcoming trip, and as I learn more about that country, I find myself feeling ever more thankful that, while I can visit nearly any place on earth, I live in a land where I could put the key into the ignition tomorrow if I wanted, and just take off and explore America's millions of miles.

Life is good, ladies.

Keep on rollin',

Lori

[Big Grin]