I love San Fran too. Drove along highway 101? up the coast all the way to Oregon. What beautiful scenery. Have you seen the sea lion caves? I loved that. Of couse up the east coast is beautiful too.

But there's nothing quite like southern California and Mexico.

Been to canbo. Beautiful. Xtapa even more beautiful and and peurto vallarta a little touristy but luxurious and cancun, nice, Guatalahara, rich and poor, Mexico city rich and poor too.

I wonder if your friends in Phoenix go to Peruto Penasco a.k.a. Rocky Point. Oh what an adventure I had there. Beautiful too. And the food was wonderful. Huge fresh caught, fresh grilled shrimp like I've never tasted before or since.

BTW, I have written an unsubmitted, unpublished, novel about a middle aged divorcee traveling to all those places with a much younger lover. Long story... (250 pages). It was lots of fun researching and writing.

Go west young Dotsie, Go WEST!!
smile
P.S. Yes they do kill the bulls if the bulls don't kill them first. Very dangerous sport. Blood everywhere. We rode on a bus to the fight. A guhy on there was in a body cast and lucky to be alive. He couldn't wait to get the cast off so he could fight again. Of course they do butcher and eat the bulls so I guess it's not all in vain. It was an experience.

[ May 24, 2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]