So many cool things to chat about -- homeschooling, book writing, the Rockies, horses' heads and motorcycle touring (and rockgarden, I haven't forgotten your questions). Back shortly to talk more.

It's Friday night, and with 13 and 16-year-olds, that means getting them to and/or from their various social obligations, so I'm in and out, but I wanted to pop into the forum and tell you about something uncanny that happened at the dentist's office today, before I forget.

My dentist's office is in a one-story ranch house in a suburban neighborhood. I opened the door, and hanging on the brass coat rack was a filthy blue windbreaker with DUCT TAPE literally holding the sleeves on. I did a double take. A windbreaker patched to the gills by duct tape! I stood there and laughed. And here's the weird part. There was no one in the office but me and the hygienist. The dentist starts his work day late, and there were no other patients in the place. Now, I know the dirty jacket didn't belong to the hygienist because she's a cute little fresh-scrubbed wisp who's, well, hygienic.

God obviously hung the duct tape windbreaker there just to give us all a laugh. Life is cool.