Lynn,
Since the release of "Eagle" I've only done three book signings, two of them at a United Church that I attended as a young teenager. The first signing was on Saturday, the other after the Sunday service. They had invited me to give the sermon, which was quite a scary venture. I never even mentioned the book, it was all about what a difference this church had made in my life way back then. So many people stayed afterward, we had to have a second signing.

It took about 10-20 minutes to sign each book, because each person there had a memory or story they wanted to tell. I really enjoyed both sessions, especially meeting so many people from my past like that. I didn't sell a whole lot of books, but would definitely deem it a successful weekend. ('tho probably the people at the end of the line who had to wait for all those other people to finish telling their stories might have had a different experience!)

I haven't had the "joy" of a larger book signing gig, but probably would end up preferring the smaller one-on-one sessions where people open up and share their own thoughts.

[ April 24, 2005, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]