Hi Chick, thanks for letting me know you have been reading all along. I appreciate the friendships I have with my readers more than I can say. I certainly hope I have offered a service to you with the information. Chick, your daughter is in a very serious situation. It will not take long before the situation excalates in its violence. I also fear for the daughter who is with this man after school and in the evenings, before Mom gets home. How would I handle the situation? I would encourage her to get out before she and/or her daughter are hurt further. I would also recommend the book I've mentioned here, "The Verbally Abusive Relationship" by Patricia Evans. I understand your daughter's embarrassment; women often take on the blame and the shame that rightfully belongs to the abuser. He will never stop unless he gets therapy, and usually men like this do not go unless they are involuntarily assigned by the courts. Chick, I don't know if you read my book, but my father was just like you describe your daughter's husband. He physically fought with his friends; they called it boxing. My father would take this excuse to fight to the limit, and his friends would back off. My father wasted no time in becoming violent with my mother, my step-father, and his own children. I cannot find any reason to minimize the situation you have described. I can't even say that you have to respect your daughter's position. Tell her you would support her decision to leave, and provide a safe haven for her and her daughter (your granddaughter) if possible. She will be more than embarrassed if/when something worse happens. She has to take him up on it when he wants a divorce on weekends. If he won't leave the home SHE is paying for, then she has to be the one to take her daughter and leave. Men like this do not know the real meaning of sorry. I appreciate that you love your daughter and have concern, and that you are seeking advice. I don't know if this helps, but she cannot continue to stay because he won't stop. LLL