Hi Dotsie, you wrote "I have a friend who equates writing with being a crack addict. Sounds terrible, but when she gets rolling she's addicted. Hours go by and she is unaware. I thought of her when you mentioned not answering the door or phone." It does sound terrible, doesn't it? Does your friend know what it is like to be a crack addict? Crack addiction promotes self-absorbed, self-destructive, and harmful actitivities. I know your friend is probably joking. And I know I am being hyper-sensitive to this referenceto drug abuse and for that reason her reference to addiction bothers me. Last night, at CASA, the volunteer coordinators revealed that drug addiction is a huge cause of DV. Yes, hours go by when we are engaged in writing. But at least writing is meaningful behavior. I wonder if she could come up with another analogy. Now, I'm going to feel a little uneasy for challenging your friend's analogy. It is not YOU or your post, it's just her analogy. I couldn't let it go without comment.