From Dian Moore: Maybe we shouldn't use the word normal, here. It might send us all into regression

I heartily agree! I had a really rough evening after writing my post, and had to talk myself out of "regressing". This morning I've been steeping myself in spiritual music, baked three loaves of banana bread and have been convincing myself I'm beautiful just the way I am. It's working. But I've decided I'm going to remove the word "normal" from my personal vocabulary and never let it tear me down or diminish me again.

From Meredithbead: I think if we are loving and "functional" according to how we want to function, that should be good enough

Amen. It has to be enough that we are who and where we are now...it's all we have here and now. We are the awesome culmination of a wealth of life experience, unique history, and all the wisdom, beliefs and insights that our journey thus far has instilled in us. That IS good enough to make us bona fide and wondrously unique...I'll take that over "normal" any day.

[ April 14, 2005, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]