Hi Dianne, I hope to hear more about your presentation at ASU. Yes, I have certain triggers there. For those who don’t know, a” trigger” is a term used to describe person, places, things that will bring on the “bad” feelings initially experienced during a “bad” experience. A trigger is different than a flashback in that there is more objectivity in a trigger, whereas a flashback will make the person who was abused feel as though the “bad” experience is actually happening again. There can be sensory triggers, such as a smell or sound. (That’s my layperson’s definition.) Dianne is referring to the fact that she and I both write about living in Phoenix metro, where we experienced abusive relationships. Most of the domestic violence I experienced occurred in Chandler, AZ. At the time, 30 years ago, Chandler was deserted desert, and now it is built up. My parents, who I visited last week, have retired two blocks from where I lived in 1974, the scene of the crimes. So, to get to and from their homes, I have to pass the exact place where I lived before. I was getting depressed each time I went by. The sight of the property I owned and passed by recently brought on the feelings of isolation and desperate loneliness. However, as Dianne said, each time I passed that area I felt more in control of the here and now, and was able to put that part of my life where it belongs, in the past. Dianne, what triggers you? If I were you, I’d probably never be able to get on a boat again