Lynn,
Could I ever relate to those depression-battling goals. I had to do the same thing. After several weeks of not even being able to get out of bed, (and that failure just made it worse and harder to get out of bed the next day), I finally decided to move ONE LITTLE STEP, one achievement at a time. 1) Roll out of bed (forget the shower today); 2) Make it down the stairs; 3) sit in the chair and ponder breakfast; 4) go back to bed. 5) Thank God for a husband who made sure I didn't starve to deth. That was the first few days. But it was better than not getting up at all. Like you, I stopped concentrating all of the stuff I was not doing and started focusing and applauding the few little things I was doing.

And it evolved from there. The morning I was actually able to make (and eat) my own breakfast was a huge milestone, and probably marked the turning point for me. It was a very long arduous uphill climb, but now, even though retired, I'm up early every morning, take a shower most mornings and never skip breakfast, and rarely have enough hours in the day to fit everything in.

I love your goal-manifest post. But I also like the way you remember that some people can barely manage to roll out of bed. We can only begin where we are, and if that's in bed, then that's where we start, with rolling out of bed. And then do what little we can, when we can, and be proud of ourselves for even that little morsel of accomplishment.

I REALLY like the one about being a guest on Oprah...have no idea why or what I'd say, but it definitely rings a chime somewhere deep inside of me.