Thanks, Erica. Great to hear from you. No need to be impressed. I love to travel. I also adore New England. All four seasons. We're getting more snow tonight, and I'm like a little kid. I can't wait. [Smile]

Nancy-- Good to hear from you, too. Congratulations for having the courage to write about your experiences--both as a crossing guard and a caregiver. You seem to want to help others benefit from all you've learned. How wonderful! [Big Grin]

You asked whether it's better to type or write in longhand. I think it's a matter of personal preference. When my thoughts are flowing easily, I use a computer. When I'm stuck, I always go back to longhand. The physical act of putting pen to paper slows me down and allows me to excavate my thoughts and feelings. From that deeper place, I'm better able to pick and choose the words to describe as precisely as possible what I want to convey.

I’m not aware of any physiological research that supports using longhand when one is blocked, but I wouldn’t be surprised to discover such a study.

Regarding whether to include people's names or not, your concern is valid. For my book, I had the women sign legal releases before I published their names and stories. In my entry this morning, I even briefly hesitated to use Michael Woldenberg's name. But since I had already communicated the above information to him personally, and what I was saying was flattering rather than inflammatory, I decided to go ahead. I think he'd be pleased to see his name in print in this particular context.

When in doubt, ask the person if it's okay to use his or her name. In any event, proceed cautiously. If you don't have something nice to say about someone--or you're revealing sensitive information--I personally wouldn't use a name.

What do the rest of you think? [Razz]