I write so I can understand exactly what I'm talking about, but I'm not totally honest because I don't want to hurt feelings of those who may peek. [Wink] I believe that if the kids read honesty as wise adults they would understand my concerns, but as teens they would probably think I'm a wierdo. Does that make sense?

Maybe I think this because Mom always kept a notebook of her daily activities with pieces of conversations about the kids/grandkids, but it wasn't the same kind of journal I keep. Hers was more of an account of what was going on in the family: vacations, games, doctor appts, reminders, etc. I was never interested in them at the time, but now that she been gone three years I hope to take a few days and read every word of her notebooks. It would be a lovely connection to her, and would probably reveal what was most important to her...her family.

My gut wrenching honesty enters when I put my head on the table and am silent with God, always remembering to take time to listen to what He has to say in return. Sometimes I write what I hear Him speaking to clarify how much He loves me in spite of my human traits.

Prill, can we talk about soem of the women in the book? I'd love to.