I've had several defining moments in my life. Once when my Daddy told me that you always have two choices...1) do something about it, or 2) shut up and cope. Amen. Another moment was when a fellow co-worker who was my senior told me one time that no one was indispenable and if you thought you were, put your hand in a bucket of water...the hole left when you pull it out is how big or important you are....this is sooo true. And helps put things into perspective. Then one summer I was on the beach with my cousin. It was West Palm Beach, 1969 and uncommonly cold...so we left the beach and were mingling with others at a strip mall when I noticed a poster in the window. A very large one. On it was a poem by an unknown author called Deserderada. In it the author says "do not compare yourself to others, there will always be those greater and lesser than yourself." I was feeling very unsure of myself, had just graduated high school and boy was I wandering. That one line gave me something. Hope? Maybe...confidence? I think so. I've never forgotten it.