Hello Prill and all Boomer Chicks,

I've been a bad Boomer Chick lately because I've been so busy I haven't been around much. I sat for awhile this morning reading all these posts. I saw myself in so many of the comments.

Probably the most amazing thing I've read in awhile was this, "“It seems to me that as we spiritually evolve, we become more and more ourselves. More vibrant, more elastic, more feet-on-the-ground, more head-in-the clouds. Like a snake, we shed our old, dry, tight-feeling skins and allow fresher, more colorful selves to emerge. In line with this, the late-blooming women whose stories I've been attracted to aren't those who merely switched careers midlife. To use another metaphor, the women in my book haven't simply tried on a new set of clothes. They've stripped their old garments of fear, self-doubt and self-consciousness and allowed their true beings to be exposed to the light.”

In fact, I'm moved to tears. Something has happened to me lately and I can't explain it. As the ladies here can tell you, I've turned into some sort of self-promoting freak. [Smile] While this may not seem terribly remarkable, your head would be turned if you knew me. I've spent my life hiding, keeping my head down and my eyes toward the ground.

I'm a new creature at forty and suddenly everything is possible. My new, "more colorful self" is emerging and I love it. I can't wait to see what is in store for the coming year now rather than having my stomach in knots at the thought of getting older.

Maybe it's the estrogen! [Wink]