To me, boldness evolves. It's not something you just wake up one day and do...it's a process. I can almost remember when I started blooming. I heard someone say one day, "what's the worst thing that can happen?" I thought to myself..."what IS the worst thing that can happen?" In that particular situation, it wasn't that bad so I bravely moved forward. Then the next situation came along and I repeated to myself, "okay, what's the worst thing tha.." you get the idea. Time after time...situation after situation, I repeated this phrase to myself, and 9 out 10 times, things worked in my favor, AND I became a little bolder.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I had a job I detested. It made me miserable and I knew something had to give. An incident happened that in all honesty wasn't my doing but I got blamed for it, simply because I was a subcontractor. The straw broke the camels back. I resigned. I said NO MORE.

I truly did not know where I was going to work, or how I would make a living, but I had worked for this company 24+ years and knew I couldn't work the job they had forced me to take any longer.

They asked me to stay and even gave me a new, wonderful job and a new office. Hello? If I had stayed in the job I had, I would have burnt bridges...However, because I was bold, this squeaky wheel got the grease. I am NOT advocating quitting your job! DON'T TRY THIS AT WORK....but I am saying that years of asking myself "what's the worst that can happen?" has payed off.

The worst is usually NOT as bad as living/doing/staying in a situation that is not right for you. Just my quarters worth.