I'm right in the middle of things right now getting my place ready to sell, and having a dtr. whose a Real Estate agent.
People don't realize the money that an agent spends to get business. They all think that agents are rolling in money.
That's not all true...in my dtrs. case anyway.
A lot of agents spend money on expensive cars and clothes to try to make and "image."
But when you really want to make a living at it you have to spend money on advertising for youself, for the person you are representing, and so many more expenses that I never would have thought about.
Then there's me getting my place ready to sell and having to spend some bucks getting it up to par.
It's on one acre of land, just like a park setting.
Trees all around, off the main county road, huge garden space, three out buildings, two small orchards, and many other nice things to offer.
BUT........the home is 35 years old.
I have to admit the soon to be ex did a wonderful job on maintaing the place. Plus we have remodeled it three times. He did all the work.
We paid $27,500 for it back in 1972, and I'm going to ask $325,000 or more for it.
I've been in homes with my dtr. when she wants to take a look at them that are much younger than my place, and want $500,000 for the places and I just can't believe it! My home is built so much better, they use such cheap products on the homes now, and they just aren't worth the price they are asking.
That's my two cents worth!
Lynne