Jennifer Campion is the Financial Advisor for NABBW. SHe recently wrote an article about identity theft with some very good information. Here you go:

If this happens to you:

-Contact financial institution immediately and close acct.
-Contact Social Security Administration at this hotline 1-800-269-0271
-Contact the Federal Trade Commission 1-877-438-4338 and file complaint.
-Initiate a fraud alert by contacting one of the three credit bureaus. This will put a free 90 day security alert that willl inform creditors to contact you prior to opening a new account or making changes to an existing account.
-File a police report and submit a copy to your financial institutions affected as proof.