well, this friend of my son's is representing cutco -- a knife company in NY. I agreed to look at the entire set to help her gain points in some sales competition. These knives are SUPER sharp. The chef's knife is 9 inches long. Before using it I called the rep and left a message that I wanted the 7 'inch one instead. Anyway, to cut through some rather soft cheese I needed to hold down the pointy end with my left hand. And voila!...
*[caution -- the following contains graphic material...]*
I actually cut a little sliver of my fingertip -- it was stuck to the knife like a piece of raw chicken. First i tried to slap it on my finger and hold it there. I worried though that it might be upsdie down and my fingerprint would look weird. Anyway it didn't work. my husband put bandaids on but the bleeding didn't stop.

I put the finger flesh into a baggy -- EWWWWWWW-- and stuck it in my purse and went to the ER. Drove myself becuase we were expecting about 20 guests in about 40 minutes. I grossed out the nurses with the baggy flesh and I think that got me seen in a hurry. The doctor sewed it back on with 5 stitches. we'll see it if "takes."

oh, and the rep brought mw the 7" knife and a get well card. my question now is whether or not to keep the knife? my mom says I only have 10 fingers. maybe they're too sharp?

btw Whole Foods is trading above 100 now, i believe.

[ August 03, 2005, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: DJ ]