Chatty not sure I understand your dilemma, but so forgive if I ask a dumb question - but, what exactly is the problem with retrieving the info from the floppies? Is it because you don't have the same software that you originally wrote them with? What program did you use to write them - Word, Notepad, WordPerfect??? And do you have that program on your computer still? Or is your problem related to you don't know how to open a file from a floppy? If so, insert your floppy disk into the computer, double click on My Computer, double click on the "A" drive (that will probably be the floppy drive) and you should see all your files there, and then click on them to open, or click on them and you will see a list of options on the left hand side - copy this file, move this file, etc. - to transfer to your hard drive, select "move this file" and then from the drop down list choose where you want to move it - probably "My Documents" (sorry if you already know that, just not sure from your post what difficulty you are having - need more info!)

I hate trying to explain in writing - so much easier if I could just pop over to your house and show you [Smile]