quote:
Originally posted by Sugaree:
Oh Dotsie, you are right. Prill's book sounds wonderful and like a must read. Somehow or another, I kept skipping over that particular topic because I thought the title, 'Defying Gravity,' pertained to our 'female body parts defying gravity (LOL). Not that I don't have those issues, Hehehe, but that just seemed like a subject I didn't want to discuss. Boy of boy was I wrong!

I went to her site and sure enough, there are several women featured with my same issues that have success stories etched in them. Great! I'd love my story posted like that one day, soon too.

Good stuff there, Prill! Congrats 2 you!

Hi Sugaree!

I don't want to disrupt the conversation here, but I didn't realize you gals were talking about me last week. Just want to thank you, Dotsie, for recommending Defying Gravity to Sugaree, and thanks, Sugaree, for your congrats. I think the book will inspire you, provide some realistic role models, and in the context of the stories, give you some hints about how to deal with some of the issues you're facing.

P.S. I understand your confusion about my title. My pubilsher was worried about the same thing. (I wish my knees would defy gravity! They're sagging more and more each day! [Razz] ) But it's the emotional gravity of aging I'm encouraging us boomers to defy, not the physical one.