Really great input and comments here.

Lynn, you certainly can attest to what I felt. Smile, my confidence level fluctuates. Sometimes I feel like you, but most of the time it's like I described here, especially lately since I'm older w/no real accoplishments that generate income. I'm extremely proud that I've overcome, for the most part I believe, the childhood trauma, at least to the point that I function w/o 'all' of the effects it had on me.

Of course those PTSD symptoms come and go, but not so that I'm baracaded inside trying to avoid any sort of confrontation that may trigger some ill-memory. Anyhow, that sort of healing leaves the scars that are present now. Trying to pick up the pieces or patch together some type of semblance of being an intelligent self-sufficient adult. Bottom line talking here, the $$ that makes the home go 'round.'

Lynn's title alone sounds like something I would and need to read. Anyone that's been down the abuse lane could appreciate understanding what to do next. Picking up the pieces aftward is what causes these types of inadequate feelings, at least for me. I believe that if it had not been for 'healing' I would be much further into a more practical life. But, I'm not a mind reader so of course that's all speculation...smile.

We all have our days though. Some people have reported that they feel 'inadequate' (for lack of a better term) around lil' ole me. However flattering that is, I often wonder why.

Dotsie, I'm glad that you learned something from Lynn's book, especially compassion. Most of us aren't looking for sympathy, just some compassion. When it all boils down, it really doesn't matter because we are the ones that have to contend with those inner-conflicts, but it sure does help not to be judged when we already have been so condemned by society.

JJ, if you're around, I stayed up until 5a.m. working on what I gathered from Kelly James-Engen's article in NAWW! Whew, I had a blast too. Of course I paid for it later on today but it was well worth it. If you're interested, I can share my findings off loop.