From my own personal experience and childhood abuse, I know that we doubt ourselves too quickly and too severely.

So, you don't have a Masters or whatever...What do you do? Concentrate on that. Work toward success in that arena.

I know exactly how you feel as my family didn't believe in higher education and if I'd gone and paid my own way, they would have never encouraged me anyway. So, I don't have that.

Okay, when I decided to write my story, which became a book, those who had looked at me with speculation of being an uneducated idiot, suddenly saw me differently...except those who were suddenly jealous.

Those highly educated people asked what I did and I very casually replied, "Author." Well, they surrounded me and all told me how they always wanted to write a book and how did I do it, what is it about, how did I find a publisher, etc.

Coming from abuse, I know what it can do to you for years. So, I would suggest this to you. Take what you know you do well and work on it like your life depended on it. Make it a success (you know you can do it) and then, stand back, girl. God gave you a talent and you need to use that talent and He will open the doors. Trust me on this. I know.

Education only goes so far. My husband was in his second year at ASU when a company offered him a fantastic job with good money and he quit school. He's done much better than the people WHO WORK FOR HIM who have big degrees. It's about God given talent and determination. That's all you need. I know you can do this.