Funny...I just wrote my Mom, Dad and sibs a letter this morning asking if we could forego buying and giving gifts this year. I suggested we pass a hat and everyone slip in whatever $ they could afford and we'd give it to my brother's Mexico missions trips. He gets together a group of people every year and goes to Mexico to build schools, clinics, etc.

Every one in my family has all of their needs met...in abundance. All we have are our wants and I think it's time we focused on meeting the needs of others before getting all our wants met.

I suggested we bring food - home made or bought goodies - and make this Christmas memorable because of joyful abandon, glorious love, peace and calm and the overriding knowlege we are so loved...by each other and by God.

My gifts to friends are all going to be hand made and full of prayers tucked into each stitch. I'm knitting hats, shawls & headbands. When I'm tired of knitting, I'll weave shawls and when I'm tired of weaving, I'll felt wall hangings. I want to return to the knowlege that hand made equaled hand crafted and people were grateful you spent the gift of time because they know how precious a gift time is. I want to give a piece of me, while there's still some of me to give.

I'm asking my friends to give to their favorite charity in lieu of giving me "stuff". I'm suggesting any shelter for women and children. Did you know the average age for the homeless in this country is NINE!?! That's outrageous!

I'm past middle age. It's time to focus and focus narrowly. It's time to put life in perspective. I believe the Holy Spirit is gently talking; I'm trying to listen intently.