Hello, all,
Today while driving back from taking my mother to dinner for Mother's Day, I was meditating/praying for clarity in my thinking regarding relationships. I didn't expect any "revelations" but I have been divorced 8 years now, and have not had good experiences, I am doing some real soul-searching. Many of you have posted helpful responses to me in the first thread I posted about "He's Just Not That Into You.
While driving, after my prayer, the thought came to me "out of the blue," so to speak: "How much anxiety, self-doubt, worry and self-recrimination are justified in order to be in the company of a man and maintain a relationship with him?" The answer is so simple it sounds stupid, but it is NONE....NONE!!!!!
I think it was Dianne who had asked me to consider what my experiences have taught me about my own value to myself. Until today, I really couldn't even ponder that question. Although I am a graduate student in Fine Art, an accomplished artist, an art teacher, have a nice home, an adequate income, and the grandmother of beautiful redheaded twin toddler boys, I have still managed to let dysfunctional relationships drain me of my energy. Today, I think I came to the "crossroads!" I am going to print and plaster that message of "No anxiety is justified...NONE!!" around my house!
Thanks to all of you strong, positive women here for your helpful insights and examples.
ARI