Well, Dots, I tried to keep up with society's 'Jones's' but it nearly drove me nuts and for sure broke. Most of my son and daughter's friends had the fringe benefits of a two parent household's inconme...the cell phones, weekly shopping sprees to buy expensive shoes that go out of style in a month, nicer cars w/insurance for a teen...whatever. However, most of those very children had something else in common. LONELINESS.

My daughter and I figured it out after a series of talks with those friends with the 'nice toys' frequented or nearly moved in with us. They wanted a mommy/daddy's TLC. Or, those parents were having issues which would lead them to the comforts of our 'peaceful' home.

It was an ajustment, still is at times, not to have that extra income to fall back on. I was 'laid off' recently. Certainly, the thought of me not having a husband's income as insurance in the event something happened like this crossed my mind. I really thought more of how it will affect my daughter since she's a senior this year. As you know, that is a very expensive year.

We have a game plan and working on a few more. It's stressful, for me at least, but not as stressful as staying or being with someone JUST for the sake of money.

Sugaree