DJ, I read your post yesterday and took it as an info statement. I thought it was quite interesting and went on about getting to my "other" posts that I was checking on for replies/to reply to etc. Not too many. Good, I thought. I monitor 2 posts and keep an eye on another here. If you check my "view recent posts" you will notice that I am the last poster to many of them. I treat this as a "closed" topic unless I have something else to say.
Being the last poster to a topic or not having one answered is going to happen, especially now with all the newbies, even with monitors...

If I need an answer, I will speak up. If I don't, it's no biggie.

I am not easily offended -do you think that has something to do with people leaving? Did you have any indiction of this in your research?

I am commenting on your posts today for 2 reasons.
1. It got me wondering - hence, my questions to you .
2. If you felt offended ( whether you were or not) I felt I needed to explain. It's what I do.

I think we need to write a boomer creed and add...i.e.

If I'm not being (noticed?)
but info I need to gain.
I'll state it in my next post
I will rattle a chain.(I know, hey it's the best I can come up with right now, but 'you get my drift?"

Dotsie, here's a suggestion -
Have a contest to write a "BWS" creed that we can put on the site. A newbie's creed? Heck I don't know. There has to be a way...

I honestly feel that BWS is like real life...people meet, take what they want, give what they want and either stay or move on. Some speak their mind and some stay quiet. Some are leaders, some are followers and some are not, I guess.

DJ, do you check for unanswered posts often? I try. I believe Chatty is really good at that. She's hitting at a couple of thousand posts. Way to go Chatty. It has to take a lot of time. i don't always have it.

Just my two bits.
chick

[ October 26, 2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]