I agree that there's always room for more compassion when dealing with each others' emotional crises. We are sometimes quick to pounce on what we see as the most logical solution or best way for that person to go. We do so with sincere care and genuine desire to help. But the reality is that it's not always possible for the person mired in that quicksand to follow the advice given. And I've seen some impatience here when that happens, when we think someone isn't taking our advice quickly enough.

Healing always takes time...some more than others. When we've offered our wisdom, if we truly want to be compassionate healing women for these wounded others, our role ought to then become (IMHO) that of "companions-along-the-way" while those women find their own way out of their quandaries. When we try to push people in the direction we think they should choose, we often end up pushing them further into their darkness.

Having said that, I think that when a person leaves and takes their posts with them, it's possibly indicative of the anger and hurt they feel, but taking EVERYONE's posts (i.e., the entire thread) with them seems rather vindictive to me...but I'm trying to keep an open compassionate mind.

I too saw the warning signs but didn't really know how best to handle the impending departure. I too hope she'll be back. This really can be a healing place if we hang in here long enough to see the genuine love and care behind the wisdom of the women here.

PS And now I have to do my own vanishing act for awhile...we have to go back to Montreal to lay some laminate flooring...don't know when I'll be able to get online to participate in this thread again. But I'll be back!

[ October 11, 2005, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]