quote:
Originally posted by ariadne54:
Dallasgal,
I agree with most of what you've said. I think even Eharmony is a hoax, however. The other thing...It's a big stretch from meeting people onlne in the personal sites to the issue of cyber sex. I wouldn't even think of such a thing, nor would I know what it was about if it were initiated. I suppose two people who are located far, far apart could indulge in something like that...Is that what you were referring to? It seems sad and foolhardy, doesn't it.
ARI

Ari,

It is sad and foolhardy, but everyday men and women living in the same city or thousands of miles away engage in internet foreplay as well as cybersex without thinking it unusual. (scary, huh?) Without being too crude - the foreplay involves things you may be familiar with (especially if you are on AOL) like getting instant messages asking for nude/sexy pictures, your "measurements", etc. Believe it or not, many women, alone and needing attention, actually find that type of approach flattering. I have file and file of stories on this and I was shocked and appalled at how women relayed that this type of attention was "better than nothing" and "better than getting hurt in real life". The problem with women engaging in the foreplay - sending and receiving provocative pictures, answering intimate questions, etc. is that it creates a sexual identity with the other person and false intimacy between two virtual (no pun intended) strangers.

Often, women and men - including married women and men - will have cyber sex, which is basically an online erotic letter exchanged between two people talking about a mutually experienced sexual encounter. Words create mental images, and many get even more involved with digital cameras and cyber cams capturing moments of "mutual" masturbation.

Most people would not do that, just like most people would not let themselves be picked up in a club for a one night stand - but many people do this type of thing, and guys, especially, gravitate towards this "free" sex environment and "just a click away" sexual attention atmosphere.

It is a really "yuck" world out there and morally, it is just getting more and more bankrupt.