I'll admit I've met a few men from online. BUT - Until I've known them for a LONG time, I always meet them at a public place and drive my own car. NEVER get in a car with a stranger. NEVER let somebody from the internet know where you live. Be CAREFUL.

My "online" experiences have been 99% good, and I've got some great friends because of the internet (both male and female). But then, I'm not "looking for love", I'm looking for friends.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think meeting a person online is that different from meeting a person in the produce section of the grocery store. People can lie in person, just as they can lie online. We just need to be smart enough to spot the "losers" wherever they may be.

I do NOT believe that you can "fall in love" with a person that you've only met online. Lust is definately possible, being "in love with the idea of being in love" maybe, but true love? Love has to grow over time.

I've got a friend who has fallen "victim" to internet romances, she's been heartbroken numerous times. Once over a guy who proposed marriage (when they'd never laid eyes on each other in person). Once over a guy who was going to move in with her (again, never met in person). Sometimes I just want to shake her silly, but she's lonely. And loneliness can be a wicked feeling. That I DO understand.

Whirlwind