I need to vent on this subject or wind up on the 6:00 News -- Headline: "Woman's Road Rage Causes Traffic Snarl" So, I thought I would use this forum to do some snarling of my own!

My daily commute is from Crofton, MD (near Annapolis) to Rosslyn, VA (near Pentagon). It is about 75 to 90 minutes each way. I don't mind the commute -- I love where I work and I love where I live and I have accepted that the sacrifice is the drive.

However, there is no courtesy on the roads anymore! There is one place along the way where two lanes are always backed up easing our way up to turn right onto Pennsylvania Avenue. There is a third left lane that is for people going straight (not turning right). I have been in this string of traffic for as long as 20 to 30 minutes.

What I am so upset about is the people that come flying down the left lane passing all of us waiting to turn right and then CUT IN front of us! Who do these people think they are? Is their time more valuable than ours? Why do they think that the rest of us creep along in line and they don't have to?

I just know one day I am going to hit somebody because I ride the bumper of the car in front of me so that none of them can get cut in ahead of me!

I know this is probably a terribly un-Christian way to behave, but it is bigger than me! I try to remember the wise words from Don't Sweat the Small Stuff -- "go let the idiot have their accident some place else".

It is just so frustrating -- because if we didn't have to stop to let them in, we wouldn't be backed up so far in the first place!

Can anyone give me advice on how to let this go? Some mantra I can have in my head to lower my blood pressure to better deal with this?