Great ideas girls. I think I might do a whole tree of old family photos. Wouldn't that be fun.

JJ, you're not going to light up the lightbulbs are you? Seems like they might cause a fire. Or maybe that's just my mother talking. She was always afraid we were going to catch the Christmas tree on fire. Probably why she got one of those aluminum trees the moment they came in style--boy there's a blast from the past. Anyone remember those? Actually I thought they were pretty.

Anyway, here's an idea for you JJ. I thought my husband needed a tree for his office and he said it would be too sappy.
So I made him a JOKE tree. I gathered 'scroogy' sayings about Christmas and developed a grumpy cartoon type Santa then painted him in various silly poses on some white balls and wrote the scrooge sayings on them.
The tree was a huge hit and everyone came by to read it. (I gotta' tell you though, painting and writing on those slippery spheres was a pain. I had a lot of failures before I finally came up with enough for a whole tree. Anyone know how to make that part easier?
smile