[Frown] Oh, believe me, unless you're married to an american citizen or your employer submits a formal request on your behalf, it is not that easy.

[Frown] For some it takes years unending, depending which country you're from. I am not saying coming illegal is OK, I'm just stating what I've seen happen to so many.
[Embarrassed] And there are always crooks, as Smile mentioned. Not only people who sneak others in, there are plenty of so called "immigration lawyers" who rip off people and do nothing for them. Again, I've seen this with my own eyes time and again.

It is a very sad experience for so many.

Still, there are many great and truthful lawyers, that tell you things how they are and help you submit the right forms, etc.

This is a very complicated issue. [Roll Eyes] I do pray I never have to be in a position where I need to choose between enduring terrible living conditions where I am, or sneaking into another country to better my life and that of those for whom I'm supposed to provide.

I do understand that many illegal aliens make it harder on the rest due to their behavior. The "bad apples" make it harder for our government to come up with a uniform solution for all.