My heart aches too and of course, I wish no harm upon any soldier of any persuasion BUT I think as a SERIOUS Christian, in all good conscience, it is not acceptable to join an army of any kind. Joining an army (and bear in mind I am from REpublic of Ireland) signifies that you are ready to be trained and ready to KILL in the name of your country. Fine if you don't claim to be a christian(like Bush does) or a true Muslim or any oher religion! It is NOT acceptable to take another life or even to sign up to that possibilty. Myabe if you are conscripted or drafted and have no choice but even then it is something totally against Christianity or Islam or anything else and the more that the leaders of both religions advocate it as being something to defend the religion or the people, the more the world will separate. Who am I to say but I know it will cause big conroversy on this site and yo all might even kick me off. I am so sorry when I know you have children involved in it all, but HOW and WHY would they choose to do that above the importance of bringing peace to the world and I DO NOT BELIEVE that war can bring peace!
Correct me, ladies, if you think I am wrong.
Clairy x