This reminds me of a song in one of my musicals. In the show, the female lead is from a wealthy family and has been convinced to leave the man she loves to go back to them.

When she tells the male lead she is leaving, he sings, "I'll never be a wealthy man, but I'll make you happy I know I can..." then she sings to him and they sing and he sings "I'm gonna be a wealthy man.." then he discovers himself in "I'm already a wealthy man. I'm richer than anyone I know. I'm rich in laughter and love and such and I'll comfort you with a loving touch." She sings to him and he sings to her then they get angry and she leaves only to return when she discovers he really is richer than her wealthy family.

My kids and I sing those lyrics to each other when the question of being rich comes up. Like that character, we already have so much more than we ever dreamed.

It's a sappy scene, but I really am richer than anyone I know. I am rich in laughter and love and such. And I am comforted by a loving touch. I have so much more than I ever dreamed. Now I only want to live God's dreams for me. His dreams are so much greater than mine.

smile

[ February 23, 2006, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]