sunshine and my younger son wade were both in the accident. sunshine had a small crack in the back of his heel. wade had no broken bones, lots of bruising. he still has chronic back pain where the worst bruising was. they were both in icu for the first night and in a regular room for a second. only one needed the second night but we opted to keep them both there so they'd be together.

it was an awful time. i stayed at the hospital with the boys while dh had to be home because we were milking 100 cows at the time. family and friends gathered and helped with everything but we were so numb, everything just seemed to float around us.

jenny stayed with sunshine the whole time in the hospital and for several days after we got home. and you are right about the bad rap teens get. we saw how compassionate and loving they are when given the chance.

sunshine and missi went to a catholic hs. for 2 years after the accident, missi's classmates and friends had a special memorial service for her at school on the anniversary of the accident. we also hosted all of them who wanted to be here on her birthday (dec. 30) and served sloppy jos and birthday cake every year till they graduated and scattered to go to school and get married, etc. whenever i see any of them now, they have a big hug and lots of chat for me. i don't know what we'd have done without them.