Smile:

I totally agree with you on creating. Our Creator gave us the capacity to "create", in a smaller scale, of course. Only He can create something out of nothing.

It's up to us to use it for His glory or not.

I understand your point of view in writing to impress (publishers and so on...)

Maybe if you view if differently... as writing to "touch" [Smile] , instead of "impress" it'll help?

And then, remember that for everything there is a process that must be followed. If we want to get published in certain publication, we must follow their guidelines and comply.

The way I see it, as long as it is not in conflict with my beliefs, as long as it will not dishonor my Creator, as long as my words can touch someone and/or inspire them in some positive way... it might be worth it!

I know how awful it is to have to start over when [Frown] you know you've done your best(crafting is a teacher)!

I guess, as writers, we need to understand that just because a publisher wants it a certain way, doesn't mean our original work isn't good. It just doesn't serve their purpose or agenda at the time [Smile] ? What doesn't work for one, may very well be "just what the Dr. ordered" for another.

Don't be so harsh on yourself and don't doubt that God gave you a wonderful gift!

Happy writing!