hi jawjaw,
I'm new to the forum (just joined last week) also I'm a newbie, beginning writer [Razz] I've just really gotten into over the last year or so. I write and edit my church's newsletter -that's sort of where I got started. I've been taking a writing course, and am just now starting to try and get something published, somewhere [Smile] I write poetry and devotionals - my biggest accomplishment to date has been winning the Sowing Seeds of Faith poetry contest this year.

I was just mulling this patience thing over this morning, and thinking that one of the things I try and remind myself of are the reasons why I want to write. Getting published is a good goal, but I don't think it should be my main goal. I started writing with the goal of putting out a quality newsletter that people in my church would get something out of. As long as I'm doing that, then I'm accomplishing something. The other stuff will come eventually (I hope).

I also try to not start comparing myself to others - there are just soooo many good writers out there!!!! I remind myself that I will find my niche somewhere and God will use that where it is needed most [Smile]