Last week the BWS Local Event women went to Hot Pots. The other women on the committee wanted to do it, but I really didn't. I'm not crafty, but I went with the flow and it was a big hit.

The place is conducive for a good time. They allow you to bring food and drink. All the ceramic pieces line the walls and you pick the piece you want to paint. They have many books of designs, patterns, and ideas. You do 3-5 coats depending on color. You leave your piece and they fire it for you, then go back in a week to pick it up.

My daughter was curious so I took her on Friday night and we hung out for a couple hours. She painted a skateboard for her boyfriend. I did some Valentine heart magnets. No great shakes, but fun and a great way to spend time with my daughter. We're going back.

I just wanted to share in case you have a place near you and haven't checked it out.

It's also a great little business for the woman who owns its. She does birthday parties and Ladie's Night Out. What an awesome way for someone who's an artist to make money. One of the gals working there was painting while she worked. Fun, huh?