Well, just finished reading through all these posts. What a diverse group of women we are. Yet, we have so much in common. The creativity that comes out of us in unique ways ... jewelry, poetry, writing, gardening, jigsaw puzzles, weaving, quilts, scrapbooks, antiques ... and all so busy.

My favorite thing to do is ... hmmm ... I guess write and photography even though they cross over into my career, as it were.

At one time I was on the fast track in the writing, journalistic, and marketing world and then had a stroke. That was ten years ago. I was blessed in an almost total recovery EXCEPT I can no longer work full-time and I suffer under stress. In the worst of situations you might think I was drunk ... that pretty well describes it. But that seems to happen less frequently now.

God is my anchor and my touchstone. Without Him I would be dead, plain and simple. He's kept me sane and I know when I've wandered too far because I become the "crazy lady." LOL. Still, He is the only thing that brings balance and peace into my life.

Being here in Germany was the most difficult decision I've ever made. I DID NOT want to leave my daughter, grandchildren and Arizona. My marriage was disintegrating and so we thought time apart might help. Of course, God had different plans. So, in obedience to His leading, I came here and the first 3 months were the saddest, loneliest times I've ever spent. A good day was one when I didn't cry. But, God knew what He was doing (doesn't he always).

Since coming here I completed my novel and it's due out next month. I've gotten to see so many wonderful places over here, taken more than a thousand photos, and have used the experiences for a travel column. But most importantly, God healed my marriage and also brought me closer to Him.

I too love to read and was encouraged to find many of you have several books going at once. I love jigsaw puzzles ... when I'm really "antsy" I can work on one and it seems to help calm me down.

I used to do cross stitch and crafts but they are harder for me to do now (eyesight and eye/hand coordination are challenging).

I'm inspired by all you gals do. Your lives seem to have a gentle cadence and rhythm (and maybe sometimes not so gentle) but still ... there is something comforting in every post I've read here.

The more time I spend here, the more comfortable I feel both with each of you but with myself.

Hugs and blessings, Francine