Another post in here (when I was asking Meredithbead to tell us EVERYTHING she does) sparked the idea for this post.

Anyone interested in sharing what you do in your free time?

I'll go first:

When I'm not working I'm with my family first and foremost.

My hubby is off Wednesdays and we try to spend most of the day together while the kids are at school. [Big Grin]

I typically have a house full of teenagers that I feed, talk with, truck around town to skate parks, malls, movies, etc. I watch soccer games and swim meets. I miss seeing my older son play his sports now that he is in college!

Then I spend time with my Dad and my older sister.

I spend time with my/our friends.

I love people and enjoy having them to our house. I like to feed people too!

I enjoy connecting people that I believe can serve one another in some way.

I read the Bible, journal, and pray daily. I believe firmly in self improvement.

I love to walk, read, garden, and take hot baths.

I enjoy cooking/baking and taking care of my home. I don't like doing laundry or emptying the dish washer!

I attend a weekly prayer group, another weekly non-denominational group study, and a book study with my husband on Sunday morning. I go to church each week.

I am on the PTA Board at my daughter's school and do what I'm asked to do... for the most part.

While I do what I can to help with youth at church, I must confess that I just gave up the Sunday school superintendent job. Now I do whatever I can to help our Director of Christian Ed in other ways. I love youth and have offered to lead a 6:30 am Bible study during the week, but I'm still waiting to hear on that. I'm passionate about sharing my faith with kids. They need it so badly in today's world.

My favorite recent project that came to an end last spring was convincing Baltimore County to put in free skate parks for our youth. I chaired the committee for two and a half years and the kids now have three wonderful parks to skate! The county spent $750,000.00 on these parks. I loved working with the kids on the commmittee. They were awesome!

That's about what I spend my time doing. I feel funny talking about myself so much, but I think it's a good thing for us to share what we are up to! [Big Grin]

[ October 09, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]