Actually, my husband read my journal shortly after we got married. It had a lot of things in there about the doubts I had before we got married. He kept asking me weird questions and finally fessed up. It was one of the biggest fights we've had. I haven't journaled since, or I will write something and then tear it up and throw it away.

He said it wasn't fair that I just left it out right by the bed for him to see every day, especially when he saw me writing in it. I think it probably is too much temptation for some people. If I was in his place, I would have done the same thing. I actually did. When my grandmother died, I found a journal of hers and wanted to read it, thinking it would bring me closer to her. The things I read haunted me so much that I burned it in my kitchen sink one night just to get some peace.

I'm sure I'll get back to journaliing eventually, I just haven't felt open enough to do it yet. I think it's great that you both just leave your journals out and no one reads it. I wouldn't worry that no one is interested, be grateful that they respect your privacy. I know I wish I had let certain things remain burried and I'm sure my husband does too.