Maybe I missed something here. What I meant was, there was nothing wrong with the woman going on a "girls trip" to spend time with her women friends.

And I'll bet that if the guy had plans to spend time with his male friends (for example, to go see an out of town football game, or on a golf trip), it would be doubtful that he would agree to take her along if she was going to be the only female.

Dynamics are different when outings are all female, all male, or mixed.

It sounded like the writer was disappointed that the man came along because the woman who brought him went off the deep end trying to please him and the whole purpose of the trip (girl time) was destroyed.

My ex brother in law gave just such an example a couple of weeks ago. He and one of his younger brothers went to Florida on a "guys fishing trip." Now, they do this every spring, it is a long-standing tradition in the family for the brothers . They stay in a camper in a campground and fish every day. Two days into the five day into the trip, the younger brother's wife showed up, with the two small children in tow. Said she was bored and missed him. There was no more fishing that trip because the wife had to get a hotel room (camper too small for everyone). Then the main focus of the trip changed from fishing to keeping the kids entertained, going to the beach, going to the putt putt golf course, going out to eat, etc.

I for one love the time I spend with my girlfriends. Just to talk about the latest books we're reading, what "chick flicks" we've seen, work concerns, etc.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Whirlwind