Watching the Oscars is always a fun event for me, even if I haven't seen all the movies being represented. I'm always interested in the clothes everyone wears, if nothing else.

After all, last night Ellen DeGeneres pointed out that Meryl Streep has been nominated a record 18 times.

While she lauded this as an accomplishment, Ellen also suggested that it means Meryl has spent at least $180,000 on clothes and makeup for this awards ceremony over the years -- and opined that the Academy should stop nominating her, as this has surely become an unaffordable hardship. Meryl took the ribbing in good grace, of course.

I haven't seen all the nominated movies, so I can't say whether or not I agree with all the winners.

For example, I haven't seen Blue Jasmine, 12 Years a Slave, or... Well let me just say I have seen Captain Phillips, Gravity and the Great Gatsby.

So who agrees with the Academy on last night's winners? And who thinks someone was robbed?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com