Originally Posted By: jabber
The holidays do me in. I maintain a good weight. Then the Holidays arrrive, be it: Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, and there I am eating frosted cookies and chocolate candy. I love turkey dressing and mashed potatoes 'n gravy. Most of the time I stay with 3 meals a day, nothing in between, and cut back on the goodies. I exercise, when well. But losing weight is difficult for me. I've been wanting to drop 10 pounds for 4 decades. Haven't done it yet.

lol, that is me too, jabber. I love to eat and I am a good cook. Cooking good homemade food has been part of my life for so long. I really don't eat a lot of junk food(except at this time of the year... a lot of quality control testing going on while making the cookies and candy grin)but I do enjoy eating mashed potatoes and gravy and homemade bread. I always have homemade bread/rolls of some kind in my freezer. I can't tell you the last time I ate store bread.

I am thinking of trying yoga. Any yoga gals here that can recommend a good DVD for beginners. I am more interested in keeping flexible, in my now senior years, than I am on losing the 10 pounds, but if those 10 extra pounds happens to fall off in the process, yay! lol