I just read an interesting article about a new trend being attributed to us Baby Boomers: Death Dinners.

Apparently the concept is to host a get-together with family and friends, serve wonderful food and beverages, and talk about a real life issue: how you'd prefer to die.

These dinners are arranged as parties, with the purpose of making sure that family members and close friends know what you want, so they can assure that you get it.

For instance, how do you feel about feeding tubes? Do you want heroic measures taken to sustain your life at all costs? Where do you want to be buried? Do you want a traditional in-ground burial, or would you prefer cremation with a ceremony for scattering your ashes in some special place?

Have you heard about this? I hadn't, but it's probably a good idea. After all, if it is our fate to die a slow death, we generally have time to tell our families how we'd like to go.

But if I were to get hit by the proverbial bus, and death take me suddenly, I'm not sure my family knows how I'd like to be treated.

After all, death and taxes, while inevitable for all of us, are things we are trained not to speak of in polite society...

Here's the article, from Bloomberg Business Week.

Please take a look and tell me what you think!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com