Hi Portland2636 and welcome to our forum. Thanks for stopping by and asking a great question. I hope you will get a good discussion going here -- and that you will stick around and spend some time with us on a regular basis.

As I understand it, the concept of shared living for adults is sometimes known as "co-ho" -- sort for "Communal Home-ownership" -- and it operates similarly to the dynamic of that old TV show, "The Golden Girls."

Except that in that show, I think one housemate -- Blanche Devereaux -- owned the house, while the other three, Dorothy Zbornak, Sophia Petrillo, and Rose Nylund paid her rent.

In the newer "co-ho" concept, as I understand it, the home ownership is shared by non-related adults.

I first heard of this back in 2008 and at that time I wrote a post about it in my blog, "BoomerLifestyle.com.

I just checked this post to see if it could offer you any help, and I discovered that some of the links in it have gone bad. So I guess that means I need to update that post.

Meanwhile, I found a few websites for you.

If these are bigger concepts than you had in mind -- if all you really seek is to find a like-minded Boomer Woman to share a house with, your best bet might be to contact a local church, synagogue or other similar organization, to see if they know of any local programs that introduce and pair people as housemates. One non-secular source of help might be searching classified ads in your local newspaper or Craigslist.

Anyone else here in the BWS community have any suggestions?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com